February 22, 2024
The blaze in the 1200 block of Lerida Way displaced two residents.

PACIFICA – An electric motorcycle sparked a fire at a Pacifica home Monday afternoon, authorities said.

Related Articles

Crashes and Disasters |


San Jose firefighter injured in motorhome fire near The Alameda

Crashes and Disasters |


Fire in backyard tree spreads to nearby house in Concord

Crashes and Disasters |


Turkey Day turmoil: Small fire extinguished at San Jose airport on Thanksgiving night

Crashes and Disasters |


‘I’m committed to Oakland,’ Matt Horn says; post-fire GoFundMe effort launched

Crashes and Disasters |


See the regrowth: Big Basin time-lapse video shows remarkable recovery of redwood forest from massive wildfire

The fire was reported just before 2:45 p.m. in the 1200 block of Lerida Way, near Terra Nova High School, according to the North County Fire Authority. Crews arrived to find fire and smoke coming from the two-car garage of a single-family residence.

Two residents who were home at the time managed to evacuate without injury, authorities said.

Crews knocked down the fire, which ultimately caused fire and smoke damage to the garage, as well as smoke damage to the second story, according to the fire authority.

The cause of the blaze – an “electrical malfunction within a charging motorcycle” – was determined to be accidental, authorities said. A spokesperson for the fire authority did not immediately return a message seeking additional details about the motorcycle.

The fire displaced the residents, who made temporary housing arrangements, authorities said.

No firefighters were injured.

Check back for updates.

>